The Hooligan Of Fashion

























In June I started my summer internship with fashion designer Alexander McQueen as part of my year in industry.
So far the experience has been highly creative but with an intense work ethic and commitment.
So as I seem to be living, eating and breathing creativeness I thought this would be ideal as one of my first posts.
Earning the title 'Enfant Terrible' and 'the hooligan of fashion' for his controversial and shocking tactics, McQueen has won 'British Designer of the Year' four times between 1996-2003.


The label is known for its dramatic, gorgeously constructed pieces, combining elements of British tailoring with
French couture. Signature looks include billowy dresses cut in hourglass silhouettes, frock coats paired with
skinny pants, sharp, angular suiting, and darkly romantic gowns covered in intricate embroidery and lace.

I love the creative flair behind this genius juxtaposition and I aspire to the way McQueen is unwilling to conform, effortlessly oozing unique-ness.


As an intern, I work in the Print department for Womenswear in a team of 20 other creative arts students/graduates all currently working towards the Milan runway show in October.

Being a graphic designer I am expected to create print designs digitally, although I have been involved in a few drawing projects.

Overall I really do appreciate the opportunity, not only working for a renowned designer and being given a great deal of creative responsibility... but also working alongside some of the most talented young creatives from London's CSM and from across the globe.

I have 2 weeks left until my internship ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment